Monday 25 June 2007


This staircase is in the foyer at the Museum of Childhood in Bethnal Green, London. It caught my eye because of the repeating pattern of parallel lines throughout the shot.
The museum is great - well worth a visit. I remember going as a child and being rather bored but for sure when you go back as an adult it's anything but! We spent the whole way round exclaiming over things we remembered having as kids - and interestingly enough the ager gap between myself, katharine (2 years younger than me) and Vicki (Two years younger than Kath) was quite evident in some things and yet barely noticeable in others. Clearly there were some enduring toys that ran right through the 70's maintaining their popularity throughout.
My macro lens has now arrived so I have to get going on practising with it. Other than that this week I have speedway on Thursday - and then more speedway on Saturday as at long last it's the British Speedway Grand Prix at the Millenium Stadium, Cardiff. Always a great day out and I think we are all looking forward to it hugely!
Robyn

No comments: