Sunday 1 July 2012

Abandoned...


We've driven past this building countless times, and almost every time I've found myself thinking "I bet that would make a great photograph, in the right light" but then we've driven past, on to the beach, or to climb a hill....even, on occasion, to the pub. This time though the light was right, and I asked Ben to pull over a bit further along the road so I could run back and take some shots.

Corrugated Iron used to be a popular building material over on the islands - you see it in use often, not only for roofs like this, but for walls too...must be a bit chilly and draughty, I would think? You can only wonder at the noise this roof would have created in heavy rain, or worse, hail! Perhaps that was why it was abandoned in the first place?


Robyn

No comments: