Wednesday 25 March 2020

Day 2



Words and phrases that have come into common use over the last few weeks - Self-isolation, immuno-compromised, and perhaps most of all social distancing. When out for our daily exercise, people are careful to step aside on paths to let others pass, or to step from the pavement into the road when overtaking other pedestrians - and yet people are also being friendlier than usual - there are more smiles, thank you's and brief chats taking place than usual - although we are being told that socially, we must keep our distance, at the same time we as a nation seem to be being more sociable within those limits.

We're trying to find routines currently - MrEH has his office in the spare room as he needs the PC - meanwhile I'm using the laptop set up on the dining table. My company are trying to see this as an opportunity to deal with some necessary tasks which usually we don't have time to complete, while MrEH's workload currently continues much as normal, albeit via a wobbly internet signal. We're trying to get out for a walk or a run early in the day as there are less people out and about at that stage - but we are also aware that on days when there is no shopping to get later, that leaves us with a lot of hours shut in afterwards. We've decided to mix things up a bit with the exercise too - today we went for a slower walk - I took my camera and MrEh his binoculars, tomorrow I plan to run. I also did a strength workout at home today - I'm determined to see how little strength I can lose while all this is going on. For me exercise is a real mental health booster so I am desperate to keep that up.

Robyn

No comments: