Tuesday 24 November 2020

Close of day...

 

During the first U.K. lockdown for the first few weeks I took photos most days - either documenting the stuff that was going on relating to the unprecedented situation we found ourselves in, or using the sheer amount of sunshine we had during those weeks to play with my macro lens. This time round it’s been colder, shorter hours of daylight, and frankly, the whole situation has long since passed the point of fascination into “when will it be over” boredom. That said though, the promise of what looks like it might be a nice sunset is still enough to get me out of the door even now, and all the more so with a new phone camera to try out...



A short wander from home up one of the town’s old roads - now a cycle track and footpath - gets me to a position where you can look due west across fields (the same fields that house the cows during the summer - I’ve posted photos of them before I think?) and I was greeted with the sight above. As is so often the case, the best of the light came after the sun sank below the horizon... 


...as the sunlight reflects off the cloud. This is how even on a quite overcast day you can often get a good sunset, and also why it’s always worth holding on a few moments after the sunsets to have set - often the best is yet to come...


...and even a slightly zoomed in phone shot can work out quite nicely!

After ten minutes or so I turned back towards home - keeping my eye on the clouds as I went back down the Lane...



...and then finally when almost back at home - such a variation in colours, and some beautiful cloud formations too - well worth a stroll in the chilly autumn air! 



Robyn 

No comments: