Places to go and things to do...1) The Lake District
2) The Peak District
3) Go back to the Farne Islands to photograph the puffins again.
4) Go back to Donna Nook to photograph the seals again
5) Go back to Dublin
7) Spend more time exploring the bits of Cornwall we've not yet seen
8) Glastonbury - The tor and village, not the festival!
8) Do a trip on the Settle to Carlisle railway in better weather!
10) Ardnamurchan Point
11) Dunnet Head (I've been there, Ben hasn't)
12) Lowestoft (Bizarrely Ben's never been there, either!) - We've both been to The Lizard already
15) Blackpool! (Yes, really, I've never been, but LOVE tacky seaside places!)
16) Anthony Gormley's Another Place - Crosby
17) Visit to the Red Arrows at RAF Scampton
19) Re-visit the National Railway Museum at York
20) Make a short visit to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival
21) This one is for 2013 - get to an Airshow where the Vulcan is flying. Last chance to see her airborne.
Some of these have already been ticked off - the Lake district for example - we camped there over Easter 2012...
And the Farne Islands of course - fantastic place and we'll without question go back again...
...even though we did end up with just as many pictures of seals & Terns, as Puffins!
A month after that we found our way to Glastonbury village & Tor - a wonderful place which we loved. The weather could have been better though so that one might well get revisited!
A visit to RAF Scampton is not going to be on the cards now - it seems that they have decided that even though the Reds will remain housed there for the forseeable future, organised tours are not going to be reinstated. I did love my trip up to watch a practise though, and am planning more of the same!
On the subject of places we've been and loved - ORKNEY! Thanks to fabulous Fay a return trip is being planned there, too....same time next year probably!
Last but not least is the amazing Vulcan of course - although the urgency went out of this one to a degree when it was announced that they were hopeful of getting the funds in place to extend her flying time, we decided in any case we both wanted to see her so see her we would! In fact I've now had that pleasure twice - and she doesn't get any the less noisy!
I wonder how much more of our list we can get ticked off - or, come to that, how many more things we'll manage to add to it?!
Are you a list person? Maybe you have a traditional "Bucket list", or something a bit different. like us? I'd love to hear about your plans, anyway! (Nosy, that's me!)