Tuesday 1 April 2014

On This Day...

1st April 2010

We were in the Hebrides - part way through the first of our two weeks on North Uist. It was a gloriously sunny day, and we had decided to do the shorter of the two circular walks around the island of Berneray. We'd finished the walk, and were standing on the top of the dunes overlooking East Beach. I'd changed my camera lens from the standard zoom I had used on the walk, to my 300mm prime as I was hoping to get some shots of the small wading birds that seem to like this stretch of beach so much. suddenly I was startled by MrEH shouting "Up! Up! Look UP!" and I did....to see this flying overhead.


A Juvenile White Tailed Eagle. We've seen these again since, but never so close, or so unexpectedly. truly a memorable day!

Robyn

No comments: