Thursday, 27 August 2026

Small pleasures.


If you read my monthly reading post then you will be aware that I do like a book exchange - the small pleasure of rifling through a selection of books to find something new to read is very real - and that it is free is the icing on the cake. We remember to return books to them as well where we can - sometimes a book I have finished during lunchtime might find its way to one near work, and the telephone box housing a veritable mini library in a village not far from home also benefits. 

Sometimes rather than being an organised exchange it is just a little collection of discarded books on a wall of course - and it was one of those which prior to our Hebrides trip last year gave us a nostalgic little delight in the shape of an I-Spy book - I bet we all remember those don’t we! There we several there - I took one (the Cars one) which I felt would be suitable for our trip and left the others for someone else - and we thoroughly enjoyed it to the extent that we have now purchased a couple more - the On A Car Journey one above, and Wildflowers. Not expensive, and just the thing to add a bit of fun to a long trip! 

Robyn

No comments: