Monday 10 August 2020

A trial run...

 


(Yes - this is a completely unrelated photo - I posted it on Instagram last night though, and it brought back such brilliant memories I decided it could feature on here, too! It is of course our arrival on Lundy by helicopter a couple of years ago - a fantastic experience!)

It’s been quite an active sort of day here today, in spite of the fact that I have only *just* managed to reach my 10,000 daily step target. We went for our usual walk first thing - a habit that we started at the beginning of lockdown when we were first both at home all week, and have carried on with since - it’s not something we even think twice about now - the standard routine on weekdays is up, wash, dress, walk, and it’s definitely something I’ll really miss when things change again. Once we hit the 3 mile point this morning we were nearly back to home so I left MrEH to carry on back to start work and I picked up the pace to add a final mile of gentle run/walking to see how my sore hip and back would hold up. I settled on short bursts of running with similar length or slightly shorter bursts of walking in between - roughly a 55/45 split I reckon. Just that mile was plenty for this morning allowing for how hot it was too - I was positively dripping by the time I finished! So far, so good though, everything feels OK and I’ll be running again on Wednesday morning if that remains the case - slightly further this time. 

I’d originally been planning to come straight home and launch into today’s workout for the 21 day strength challenge I’m doing, but in fact I was SO hot all I wanted to do then was just have a sit, some breakfast, and cool off a bit!  The downside of this was that I had to knuckle down and do the workout in the mid afternoon heat instead - ugh! It got done though - and I followed it up with a lovely long stretching session in the hope that my legs might ache less this week than they did after the same workout last week! I could barely move by the end of last week so anything that might help will be welcome! 40 minutes of stretching and breathing and discovering that my body is FAR more flexible than I expected it to be really hit the spot!

Robyn

No comments: