Sunday 9 August 2020

Not Long Walk Sunday!

 It’s been ludicrously hot down here over the weekend - we’ve been over 30°C both days and it’s felt hotter than that when walking on tarmac or concrete so we decided a long walk today was a bad idea and instead chose to have a wander into town to get some odds and ends we needed - still a little over 5.5 miles but not the sort of distances we’ve been doing on Sundays of late. 

I’ve been playing with black & white photos on Instagram for a couple of days - I like messing about converting stuff to monochrome from time to time - the shot above is a good example, an iPhone picture from winter 2016 which I’ve always loved in colour, but wasn’t sure would work in B&W - but with a good boost to the contrast, to my mind at least, it really does. Aviation photos can be a funny one with monochrome - the old warbirds usually work well, as you’d expect, but sometimes even a modern fast jet with a strong colour scheme can convert nicely - I’ll offer this Sukhoi SU-27 as an example:

Aviation fans will be familiar with the bright blue “pixel camo” scheme of that one - it wasn’t until I was looking for shots with the specific idea of mono conversions that the idea of that one jumped out at me but I really like it! 

Time then to start looking at another week - and yes, I’m still furloughed. It’s a tough one - if I relied on public transport to get to my office I would probably be quite glad of still being off - the thought of using the tube in London at the moment REALLY doesn’t appeal. As it is though, I’d love to be back in my routine - albeit London would be even hotter than it is here at the moment I guess! Instead though it will be another week of finding things to fill my time. I’ll be aiming to max out the activity this week I think - Alice Liveing’s 21 Day Challenge continues, we’ll be walking each morning, and I want to start slotting a bit of running back in again as well now I think. I tried some short bursts of running on Friday morning at the end of a walk and that felt good, so time to increase that a bit now I think and see how that feels. There is also preparation to be done for our upcoming Hebrides trip - so that will help to keep me busy. 

Right now though, there is a beer to be drunk, and a jigsaw to be finished - both things that have become part of the routine in this odd “new normal” we’re living with! 


Robyn

No comments: