Friday 3 April 2020

Day 11



Another "normal ish" Friday for me - keeping to a regular sort of routine has so far worked really well for me - although that will change next week as MrEH will not be working either - however, there is still probably quite a few ways we can "keep things normal" - and one thing I AM looking forward to is being able to have my music on during the day again - as he's  been working the last two weeks it's been a music free zone round here, and as I said to him earlier, he has no IDEA how much of a usual Friday I spend dancing around the kitchen or front room!

One routine I am determined to leave unchanged is a run first thing on a Friday - and I need to gently build MrEh's distance up until we can return to the river for that as we are mostly running together now. I've avoided it for the past few weeks as I have a feeling it's likely to be busier than it would usually be, but fingers crossed that might be easing a bit now. We might walk that way over the weekend to see the lie of the land, perhaps.

The weather is meant to be improving over the weekend with Sunday being forecast to be quite warm - and that is leading to concerns about people deciding to defy the lockdown by heading out for "normal" sorts of days out. It's frustrating thinking that people might be foolish enough to do this, not least because the logical next step after that is that we will be told that we can no longer go out for exercise or for any purpose that is not essential - I'm trying not to dwell on it too much as there's nothing I can do about it, so nothing to be gained by fretting over the possibility.

Today then - a run, Mum & Dad's shopping got and a chat with them from the socially-distanced end of their path, epilated my legs (all the glamour here), and some general tidying and pottering done around the house. The notables from the news - the new NHS Nightingale emergency hospital at London's Excel Centre was opened by the Prince of Wales...via video link! And the Queen is to make a broadcast to the nation on Sunday evening - something which other than at Christmas is reserved for times of national emergency.

Robyn

No comments: