Tuesday 21 April 2020

Day 29...



OK - we need to talk about the weather. Has anyone else been noticing that it's been behaving rather oddly? While we often seem to get a run of fairly decent weather at this stage in the year, down here (South East / East Anglia) it's been pretty much wall to wall sunshine since the lockdown started.Good in some ways - bad in others. There has been rain forecast a few times but it hasn't realy materialised into much, and even stranger, when we have had a few cloudier days forecast, they've never appeared, either just being sunny again in defiance of the forecast, or with the forecast changing at the last minute... Now at this stage I must apologise to those readers who are now thinking "well it's not been like that here!" - a person in a small white house on a small island a good way north and west of here springs to mind... I know, sorry - you did have ONE day when there was barely any wind though, no? Anyway - whatever is going on with the weather currently (and someone said on the radio - "it's kind of like it's on pause or something!" it can carry on please - it's thoroughly pleasant to walk or run in it when it's like this!

I'm making an effort to make productive use of my additional time now I'm furloughed. It does feel a bit guilt-inducing though, being paid, albeit less than my usual salary, but not only not expected to do any work, actually not permitted to! It’s obviously not like I can go out as I usually might on a Friday - so finding ways of filling my time here is going to be the order of the day. This morning was some gardening - grass cutting mainly with the aid of a strimmer loaned to us by next door! I also popped to do some shopping this afternoon which we would otherwise have done after we’d both finished work. I’m really not sure how I feel about things at the moment to be honest - everything feels so unsettling in general and this is just one more strange thing to adjust to.

Robyn


No comments: