Tuesday 14 April 2020

Day 22...




Back to work after the long weekend. Or rather, back to working at home - more file shredding for me - boring but necessary! I still feel really grateful to have the work to do - it doesn't bear thinking about how long the days would feel with nothing specific to do, and how much the weeks would drag. I'm actually quietly impressed with how I've coped with things so far - ahead of the lockdown being called I was utterly and completely panicked at the idea of only being able to go outside once a day for the most part, now though, while I am still getting occasional bursts of quite severe anxiety, for the most part I'm finding it far easier to cope with than I expected.

Another day today of shopping from what we have for our evening meal - as you can see above some of the pork from Sunday's roast, plus the juices from the joint went into a risotto with an onion, mushrooms, a couple of handfuls of frozen peas and some finely shredded sage leaves from our wonderful bush just outside the window. Utterly delicious!  I am also enjoying cramming some salad stuff into my lunchtime roll each day - I rarely do this as I worry it will make the roll go soggy (and as those who know me are aware, I do NOT do soggy food!) so at the moment a handful of leaves, some slices of cucumber, and a handful of cherry tomatoes is proving a real pleasure. Today I also added a spoonful of our home made coleslaw alongside too - delicious!

Robyn

No comments: