Monday 6 April 2020

Day 14...


It suddenly feels like spring has arrived properly - temperatures are still pleasant, and although there was a little light rain this morning, overall it's been another really pleasant day.  We decided to leave exercise until the end of the working day - mostly because of that rain - and instead of a run or a walk we headed across to the field with badminton rackets and shuttlecocks.

Working from home still feels alien to me - partly because I'm not feeling as though I'm really filling my day, although that's not anything I can help. As much as anything else though it's because so much of my working day usually involves interaction with others - whether the partners in the firm I work for, our clients, or those who come to our offices - so a working day with no direct interaction with those people seems very strange indeed, and I'm not sure it's something I'll get used to any time soon.

One first for  me tonight was a Zoom video natter with a group of great friends - very lovely indeed to catch up although slightly odd to try to get used to! I've never used anything like facetime before, and for a one-to-one chat I still think I prefer a straight voice call, but for a group chat like that the video thing does work really well.

The big news of the day in the UK is the the Prime Minister, admitted to hospital yesterday after his symptoms of the virus proved to be persistent, has now been moved to intensive care. We are being told that this is as a precaution but it still feels rather alarming - I'm not sure I can think of an equivalent situation from any other period in UK history.

Robyn


No comments: