Monday 4 January 2021

Here we go again...

 

Loch Eynort - South Uist

...back into lockdown. #Lockdown3 in fact - so we know how it works. Same rules as before - stay at home unless you need to go out for a short list of acceptable reasons. Exercise is not limited this time thank goodness unlike the first time round - seems they learned their lesson from that! In this area it will be little different to the tier 4 restrictions we have been under (although in our case personally only for 2 days since we got back from the Islands). Our local schools were remaining closed anyway because of our severely high case numbers locally, they will now stay closed for longer though. 

So - MrEH is back to the spare room tomorrow (I’ve not banished him, it’s just where the computer is!) and I’m back to trying to fill 7 or so hours a day. I’m going to try to be better this time about pressuring myself to be productive all the time, and feeling guilty when I perceive I’ve not achieved that. We still currently have our home surrounded in scaffolding, and right now the lack of natural light indoors is more than enough to deal with, without beating myself up around what I “should” be doing. I also need to continue to limit my running thanks to the foot problem I mentioned before, which is frustrating. So - instead, I’m going to focus on fitness and strength. And on getting the miles covered for my distance challenge too - I’m nearly 20 miles in already so that’s going reasonably. Alice Liveing is doing another series of strength workouts, as is Lucy Mountain on the NOBS group, and I think I’m going to take a look at the Yoga with Adriene 30 days challenge too - I have struggled with her stuff in the past but I’m more used to following the cues for the various moves now, so we’ll see how that goes. That also fits in well with my ongoing aim at doing plenty of flexibility work. 

I’ve also got photos to work through (including some from while we were away) and might even try to get out and about with the camera for some wildlife / local stuff too. I want to do some journaling, and some blogging too - but above all the focus is going to be on self-care stuff, not on guilt and feeling like I need to be in a constant treadmill of getting things done. 

Let’s see how this goes, shall we?! 

Robyn 

No comments: