Wednesday 17 January 2007

A bit of weather....


 
Well this was my view for much of yesterday. Two site visits which had to be done necessitated a round trip from the depot at West Horndon, to Staines, on to Lewes in West Sussex, and then back to the depot. The weather was not what you could class as delightful - I took the camera feeling determined that I'd stop for lunch somewhere scenic and get something nice to post here - however a combination of the weather making the roads terrible and a delay on the first site put paid to that plan. This shot was a hasty grab at 4pm, whilst stopped to eat my sandwich. At least it gives me the chance once again to sing the praises of the Canon 70-200mm f2.8. The shot was at 1/8, ISO200 (deliberately held up there to force the shutter speed down) f11 and to say I was impressed at the performance of the IS would be understating things rather!

As the weather is planned to stay much the same for the rest of the week it's unlikely I'll be posting a shot tomorrow, however hopefully on Saturday there will be a new addition to the camera bag in the form of the Sigma 24-70mm f2.8 so no doubt I'll be wanting to play with that on Sunday!

Robyn

No comments: