Monday 15 October 2012

Autumn colour...


I love this time of year. I don't really have a favourite season as such - I like Summer for its warmth and the hope of blue skies and sunshine, days out, camping trips and eating ice cream by the seaside. Spring of course - seeing the countryside wake up, green shoots and fresh, crisp mornings. Winter is cleansing somehow - there is something reassuring about being warm inside while it's absolutely freezing outside, snuggled under a thick duvet or walking through the countryside tucked into a thick coat, cosy scarf & warm boots. Autumn though...autumn truly is special, with something to appeal to each of our senses.


Sight - the blazing reds, yellows and oranges of the leaves turning on the deciduous trees contrasting  with the green of the coniferous, and the grass surrounding them. Sound - dead leaves crunching under foot. Taste - toffee apples, treacle toffee and sausages in buns! The smell of bonfires, and the touch of soft raindrops on your face.


I'm lucky to live in a town where much emphasis was placed on green spaces when the town was being designed. It means that at this time of year, everywhere you look there is incredible colour, and a simple walk from here to the station, for example, is an absolute joy. The pictures I've added to this post were mostly taken in a stroll through the Town Park on the way to the Rugby Club on Saturday. MrEH needed the car (his is off the road at the moment) and I had no hesitation whatsoever in agreeing to walk over later, because I knew what a pleasure it would be. In fact, I got so distracted taking photos I missed the kick-off of the match - oops!


Robyn

No comments: