Wednesday 15 July 2020

Objecting legs...



Took the photo above this morning specifically to use on today’s blog post. The sky was blue, the clouds were beautiful...lovely! And it got photobombed by a wasp. 🤦🏻‍♀️ What’s the odds on that?! Oh well, I have no alternatives in particular so you can have it anyway!

Wondered earlier why my legs felt a bit stiff and achy this evening - then realised that I’ve walked very nearly 40 miles in the last 4 days so realistically they are probably entitled to feel a bit sore. More stretching to come before bed this evening - that will help - probably before I add another load of miles tomorrow, admittedly, but still! I’ve been rounding our morning walk up to at least 4 miles each day since last week simply to get a bit more movement into my day, and both yesterday and today I have done an additional walk to charity shops on the hunt for more jigsaws - no luck yesterday, but today I nabbed three which will keep us going for another few weekends.

I also spent a chunk of this afternoon looking at various options for Hebrides holiday cottages for Christmas. As we both have “spare” holiday time this year, an extended winter trip is a possibility - probably only a few days more, but enough that we might be able to take our own car rather than hiring one up there... it’s all up for debate at the moment, but we thought we’d take a look at options for places to stay on the other islands as well as bringing our usual favourite little cottage on Benbecula into the mix. We suspect we will end up in Bayview, as usual. After all, the ability to step outside the door to a view like this...


...is pretty hard to beat! We’ll see. Decisions to be taken and choices to be made. And now - stretching to be done!

Robyn

No comments: