Tuesday, 25 August 2026

Hebrides Countdown...


 

Without question, one absolute highlight of almost any trip to the Hebrides is the stunning sunsets you so often get to see. I'm reliably informed that you get similarly stunning colours at the other end of the day to, but unsurprisingly I'm rarely up to see that! 

I've been a bit lax over the last few years on taking photos with the big camera - phone cameras are so good these days that I have tended to revert to that for standard landscape stuff. The downside of this though is no longer getting around to saving shots back to specific albums online for that year's trip, or remembering to label them so I know where they were taken. The two here were both from one of our stays at Balranald Cottage though - and I recall the evening the top one was taken clearly as we spent some time watching a White Tailed Eagle flying over the small loch next to the cottage as the light gradually dropped. 


This years mission is to make sure I make better use of the kit that costs the sort of money I need to get value from it, and also to ensure that I upload things so I can find them again! 

Robyn

No comments: