Tuesday 16 June 2020

Day 85...




Remembering the coping mechanisms when things get a bit stressy and anxious. There’s really are strange times we’re living through.

Routine, structure.
Good food, drinking plenty of water.
Time outside - walking, running, or just sitting.
Something to look forward to.
Time to breathe.

Back to basics this week. A properly planned week - meals, things I want to get done. Getting back to good habits. Making sure I keep well hydrated - something which ALWAYS acts as a warning sign for me is when I start forgetting to drink my water - that tells me that some self care is needed.  A return to planned running - this week will be at least two runs. Strength work, and lots of stretching too. I have a little photographic trip planned for Thursday and have been spending a bit of time deciding on a location for that. (A bridge, I think, since you ask!). Trying to get some consistency back into bedtimes as well - a small thing that can make a lot of difference. Getting things done removes the guilt that I felt last week about drifting aimlessly. Why guilt? That I’m not sure about - habit perhaps?

The biggest difference this week though has definitely been the plan. Just having a page marked out in my journal, a list of things to work through, items to be ticked off, has given me a structure which I almost hadn’t realised how much I had been struggling without. And having that structure also frees up time for me to stop, and sit, and think - to watch the birds on our feeders, to sit and read and enjoy the sunshine in the balcony.

Sleep, move, think, plan, breathe.

Robyn

No comments: