Tuesday 30 June 2020

Day 99...

Dartford Warbler - RSPB Minsmere

Another of those “haven’t done much of note” sort of days. On the bright side though, a positive conversation with one of my bosses this morning - she seems fairly positive that they will be in a position to take me back on properly in a few months which was good to hear - fingers very much crossed!

Aside from that I’m tying to step up my exercise again - for the last couple of weeks I have tried to make sure I do a couple of runs, A couple of strength sessions, plenty of walking and lots of stretching. This week the target I  have set myself is 2 runs, 3 Strength sessions, 2 HIIT cardio sessions and 5 lots of stretching plus the usual plenty of walking. The strength work is vital I know - with not having been able to use the gym since March my upper body strength has suffered rather so I am working on getting that back as a starting point - crunches, push-ups, and some weights and resistance band work. It will also serve me well to help me avoid injury when I’m running. Today was a decent walk at a good pace this morning, then a HIIT session followed by a strength session this evening once MrEH had finished work. Once this post is written and posted there will also be some stretching.

Aside from that today was mostly life admin - general household tasks, checking the banking and writing our new financial plan for the next few months, although MrEH is now back to 5 days a week working, there is still a financial impact to be dealt with for a while longer, although for a time at least this will be at least partly dealt with by having zero travel costs as he will continue to work from home for the time being. Planning some time with a friend next week once we are actually allowed to spend time in other people’s homes again. Catching up on some podcasts. (Run Selfie Repeat with the excellent Kelly Roberts).  Tomorrow will likely be more of the same...life is certainly straightforward, right now!

Robyn

No comments: