Wednesday 20 January 2021

Furry faces and unexpectedly rural views...

 


Well the last two mornings have been grey, gloomy and wet. We have been out for our walk both days, and today I also had to make a second trip out as I needed something from the town centre, but it’s not been pleasant to be out in, I have to say, beyond just the aspect of movement and fresh air - and daylight, so much needed at this time of year!  Monday was brighter though - and once MrEH had reached the point where he needed to start walking back towards home I turned the other way and walked a loop around one of the green wedges that sit in various places throughout the town. This particular one has fields and horses, as you can see, so nose rubs and fusses were duly handed out to those who were interested enough at the strange person walking by to come and investigate - the one below didn’t think much of me having to continue my walk though, as you can see - how rude?! 



The town itself sits across two fairly low hills, but still the little elevation they give is enough to provide a decent enough view - looking this way across the fields you’d never know that the shops of the town centre are just across another field and a road, behind me. (In the top photo you can see the side of Asda, the civic centre and TK Maxx! 



The view in the photo above also shows the fence-line of the other path I walked along as I looped back - across where you can see the building work for the new college. I’ve said this before but we are SO fortunate in our town-planning - when the new town was built many of the old roads were left in place but closed to traffic so we have cycle/foot paths all over the place. Being able to walk a good distance with time alongside traffic at a minimum is a wonderful thing! 

Robyn



No comments: