Wednesday 3 March 2021

That didn’t last long...

Yesterday I typed that I wanted to do slightly less walking overall in March. So obviously I then walked 4 miles with MrEH in the morning, then another 7 in the afternoon going to collect my car from its MoT test. (Successful - a clean pass, no advisories). This combined with Monday’s 6 miles means I’ve walked 10% of my monthly target in just two days. Hmmm! 


In spite of meaning I walked rather further than was planned, it was a lovely walk up to just north of Sawbridgeworth, the next town north of us. Partly on footpaths, partly on quiet country lanes - the sun even eventually peeped through too! 


This was pretty much my perfect walk  really - not another soul around for most of it - just me, my thoughts, the podcasts playing in my ears, and one foot in front of the other for as long as it took. And as I kept stopping to look at things - birds, the view (pretty glorious for some of it - see below!) and even some Commonwealth War Graves in a churchyard at High Wych, it took just over 2 hours. I could have stepped it out a bit and got there a bit faster, but I wouldn’t have enjoyed it even half was much! 


To add to the walking, I also did the first workout from Alice Liveing’s March challenge - deciding to ditch the remainder of the February one for the time being so I could do the March one in at least close to real time. Oh, and a yoga practise too - quite a leg-focused one. It shouldn’t surprise me much that most of my movements today are accompanied with the soundtrack of “ouch”, should it?! Maybe today I’ll clock up one of my planned rest days? 

Robyn

No comments: