Wednesday 24 February 2021

More walking...


The spring-like weather has continued through the first part of the week - my walks yesterday and today have been in glorious sunshine and within just a couple of miles done each day I’ve been too warm in my coat. 

I love this point in the year when you first get that optimistic feeling that the seasons are changing - it also tends to mean the most wonderful clouds too - the shots above and below were taken yesterday, I just kept finding myself stopping to stare at the sky - amazing! 



I’m doing nicely with my February walking mileage target - with just under 17 miles to go to hit 170 miles tracked walking this month. That’s the highest target I’ve set myself - although I have hit slightly higher totals without a target set in the past. A reasonable distance walked this week will also mean a good start to my latest challenge - the RAF Museum Lancaster Challenge. This one launched in early January, and runs through to Mid May - but typically of me I have wasted best part of six weeks not getting around to registering.  It comes with three distance options - the longest of which is 500km - so naturally that’s where I’ve committed... I’ll be walking this one, although it would be nice to think I could incorporate some running in there too as and when the injury allows, and I have also opted to seek sponsorship his time too - the first time I’ve done one of these challenges with fundraising. If anyone reading should want to sponsor me then there is a JuatGiving page you can go to - https://justgiving.com/fundraising/robyn-pf - and it goes without saying that I will be extremely grateful for anything you could pledge! 


Robyn

No comments: