Wednesday 8 April 2020

Day 16...



Everyone has now started losing track of the days of the week - on the MSE Forums where I post regularly it feels like every second thread starts with "I couldn't work out what day it was today! I'm not finding it too bad at the moment, partly because I'm working 4 days a week I guess. I confess that I'm extremely glad to have work to do at the moment as well - if nothing else if fills the days.

We're planning some nice food for the weekend - MrEH chose brownies to be what gets baked, and I'll probably try to get those done early in the day on Friday so I can take a couple to Mum & Dad when I go over with their shopping. I'm going to do a roast again, and might make sausage rolls I think too - we picked up a yellow stickered pack of ready rolled shortcrust pastry the other week and it's been sitting in the freezer ready to be used for something. There will also of course be cheese - well there's always cheese! One advantage for the past couple of weeks has also been having time to cook a sunday roast - so often we have other plans for Sundays that don't lend themselves to the time needed to give to a roast dinner, so this is feeling like a real treat.

I've been playing with the macro lens again - it is a lens I've had in my kit for a good few years now. In fact, I also thought for a long while that it was one of those too badly affected by internal fungus to be useable - for years I thought I'd long since thrown it out, but when we were decluttering a few months back one of the things we went through was the trunk I used to keep all sorts of photo stuff in, and to my delight, in the bottom of an old lens carrying case, I found the macro lens. The delight increased when I discovered that in fact it had almost no fungus damage at all - and it's hardly been off the camera since. I love the way it has the ability to bring out the really fine detail - like the scratches and dents in my wedding ring in the photo above. I can see it getting a fair bit more use in the next little while!

Robyn

No comments: