Wednesday 29 April 2020

Day 37...



It's one of my very best friends birthdays today - so when we walked this morning I decided to photograph the very prettiest things I saw to message to her - this allium stood out, glittering with raindrops as it was! Happy birthday lovely Fay!

I'm getting ready to do some experimentation with my sourdough starter. He (Sidney, in case you were wondering) had his fourth discard/feed cycle today, and as I can't quite bear to throw any of the discards away, I decided that I might as well have a go with baking some of it and see what happens - he might be too young, but then again he might not, we'll see. So currently I have the first stage for bread in the airing cupboard, with another tub of discard next to it which might turn into sourdough pancakes or pikelets for breakfast tomorrow. In the fridge are two more tubs of the stuff - what exactly I'm going to do with those I have NO idea! I'm now gently stepping down the overall size of the starter - partly to save on flour, and partly to save on space! I will be truly delighted if I can get the hang of producing sourdough bread - it truly is one of my absolute favourite foods, the only difficulty will be stopping myself from eating it ALL the time!

We're now on our "weekend" thanks to MrEH's 3 day week. A few plans made - as well as assorted baking, we want to get a couple of longer walks in, I want to run at least once more I think, we have a virtual beer festival meeting on Saturday morning, and a Zoom get together with friends again in the afternoon. We've ordered some more beer from a couple of different breweries - it feels like we are spending a fair amount on it of late but of course in "real life" that would be spent in various pubs or at the rugby cub - and would just be lumped in as general spending money - it just looks like more when you see it going out all in one go. One delivery should be arriving tomorrow, the other will hopefully follow in the next few days.

Robyn

No comments: