Sunday 26 April 2020

Day 34...


We walked a bit more of the local sculpture trail this afternoon - the building above is not part of it but it’s an odd favourite of mine - sited in the heart of the town centre, I love the contrast between  the circular pillars supporting it, the round windows in oval recesses, and the very stark angular lines everywhere else - including in the buildings surrounding it as you can see. It’s quirky, and in some ways quite typical of a lot of the architecture in the town. MrEH hates it, I like (some of) it.

The sculpture trail is proving fun - today’s section was a little frustrating in that there were a number that we couldn’t access as they are inside buildings which are currently closed. The civic centre, the shopping centre and the theatre all have pieces inside them, so those will need to go onto a list to go back and see at some time in the future. We knew this would be a problem at the moment though and at least some of the civic centre ones were visible through the windows!

Tomorrow MrEH starts another working week - I of course don’t, but I do plan to spend a fair bit of time this week continuing with my task of sorting out some old photos which I’ve not found time for previously. It always takes longer than you might expect - first task is to go back on the 2018 Torbay BBMF photos I found last week and finish hose, which will be no hardship as I was thoroughly enjoying those, even if it was a slight mystery how I had been distracted from them in the first place!

Robyn

No comments: