Wednesday 1 April 2020

Day 9...



Like many others, we now have it confirmed that our income is going to be reduced by the current emergency situation with COVID-19 - not surprising, and we will be far from the worst affected. It does make me feel extremely glad that we have learned the financial skills that we have over the past few years, and most of all that we used those skills to pay off the mortgage early. If you have also been financially hit, and are now worried how you will manage, keep checking back here on Fridays - I'm going to reprise my Frugal Friday series for a while as things occur to me that may be of use.

Today was also the first day of a series of planned "photo missions" on Instagram - the idea is to get people thinking about taking photos, while staying within the confines of the lockdown rules. Today was a "Photo Fools Day" challenge - asking people to photograph perfectly ordinary household items but at an obscure or unusual angle then post them up for others to guess what they are. From my perspective it got me playing with the macro lens again - the image above was as a result of a suggestion from MrEH of "the bottom of a camera" - look carefully and you'll see that it's the tripod mounting thread - on the base of my 80D as it happens! Tomorrow will be the first say of our "Lockdown Scavenger Hunt" - with the first mission being "photograph something beginning with, or inspired by, the letter L" - again, there's a fair bit of scope there hopefully! Other days missions will include a word using that day's letter as a theme (For example perhaps "Down" for D or "edible" for E) Allowing that I'm loving that macro lens at the moment, I'm half tempted to restrict myself to just that one lens for my shots - we'll see!

I'm also trying to make sure that I get some structure and routine in my days as this thing unfolds - I don't think any of us are under any illusion any more that this is really just a three week thing,and so my feeling is that the longer we have to spend in lockdown, the more important keeping a focus on particular areas of achievement might be helpful. More on my plans tomorrow...

Robyn

No comments: